Sunday, November 16, 2008

Can Molly really do?

I have a blog, day 1. I have been thinking about this blog for some time, so I'll give some background on my reasons for finally taking the giant leap into blog-world.

As the lucky ladyfriend of an IT professional and electronics enthusiast, I often find that his advice on programs, gadgets, and other "techy" things just don't work for me. I mostly use my computer for email, online shopping, paying bills, and watching tv. For the most part, the electronic stuff that really gets him excited just doesn't do it for me. Usually, he'll install something for me and a week later ask, "so what do you think about (insert gadget-of-the-week here)? Isn't it awesome?!" My reply 95% of the time: "what are you talking about?"

But, every once in a while, he brings me a gem. A gadget, website, or program that is easy to install, easy to use, makes my life easier (or more fun!) and most importantly, is so enjoyable that I ACTUALLY USE IT. This 5% of the time, my response to his question is to squeal excitedly at him, "honey!! Thank you SOOOOO much for that (insert life-changing-gadget here)!!! I should tell (insert perfectly-tech-comfortable-but-not-quite-savvy girl friend here)...she would LOVE it!"

And that's where this blog comes in. I'm going to post about the electronics that get ME excited. And, just maybe, you'll squeal as much as I do when you find that thing that makes your life a little easier too.

1 comment:

Leann said...

YAY! Welcome to blog-land bestie! I'm so excited to read your musings!